SPONSORS

Monday 21 April 2014

Chiwetal Relates His Personal Life With the Movie - "Why I Act in 'Half of a Yellow Sun''

The British-Nigerian actor, Chiwetel Ejiofor, who was recently in Nigeria for the premiere of ‘Half of a Yellow Sun’, has revealed that there is a correlation with his story and the setting of the movie.
Chiwetel Ejiofor
“The Biafra war was a very seminal part of my upbringing and my family history. In fact, I will say that the Biafra war was the reason why I was born in London and not Nigeria. It was as a result of the war that my parents left Nigeria. It was something I always remembered being talked about in my household and in my family. Years later, I spoke to my grandfather about my mother’s side. He spoke about his experiences between 1960 and 1970,” he said.
In the movie, Ejiofor experienced the Biafra war, which he had his life tied to and had to prove true love in the time of war. According to him, the movie was one that caught his interest and was glad to star in a major role as Odenigbo. At the Nigeria premiere, which took place last weekend, the audience, made up mostly of corporate and political players, gave a standing ovation, as members of the movie cast filed out
In a statement released by Bigsam Media, the movie would be released on Friday April 25, 2014 in cinemas across Nigeria.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Comment Here. Don't Fail to be a Contributor and not just a Spectator. Your Contribution will go a long way

Mobile Ad

LET'S HEAR YOUR VIEW

Share on

share