SPONSORS

Saturday 22 February 2014

I Like it When Men Approach Me - Says Chelsea Edogun


The Edo State-born rising star who has featured in many movies since 2012 when she decided to go into the business of movie making professionally speaks of her sojourn in the industry among other sundry matters.

My growing up wasn’t so easy because I grew up with my mum alone until I was 14. My dad travelled abroad when I was five years old and came back to Nigeria after nine years. I love my mum so much because she never gave up on me through out those nine years. She gave me all the best. She is the best mum in the world.
Chelsea Edogun

Tell us how you joined Nollywood?
I started acting in 2006 when I got admission into the university, though my acting then was only part time. But I started professional acting in 2012. I have always had passion for acting since I was a little girl. But my parents were against it. They wanted me to be a laboratory scientist. So I had no choice but to do what they wanted. But while in the university I started acting secretly for some years. My parents didn’t know about it. After my education I came back professionally in 2012. No one introduced me into acting. I just knew I had the talent and I decided to show it to the world.

Did you attend auditions?
Yes I did attend auditions, a lot of auditions. And it helped me a lot. I learnt so much from those auditions and those things I learnt are what kept me going till date.

How did you get your first movie role?
I featured in five scenes in my first ever movie role in 2006. It was directed by Morphy Stephens. Though it was five scenes, it meant so much to me at that time.

How many movies have you featured?
Since 2012 till date I have acted in over 15 movies. Some of them include, Body Odour 1&2, Before Christmas 1&2, After Christmas 1&2, among many others. More will soon be out.

What are you working on at the moment?
I’m working on a glamour movie right now titled ‘Bloomsberry Hotel’ being produced by Lawrence Lurrenz Onuzulike. I am playing the role of Bella in the movie. Bella is a girl that is envious of her friend, she is actually two-faced. She pretends to be a friend but she is actually the enemy. I like the role because it’s unique. I’m sure this glamour movie is going to be one of the biggest in 2014 because it’s so different from other glamour films. It feels great to be part of it.

Have you ever been harassed sexually in Nollywood?*****
No, I haven’t been harassed sexually but that doesn’t mean no man in Nollywood has approached me. I feel it’s a normal thing. In fact, I like it when men approach me. It makes me feel that I’m still a woman.

What are the best parts of your body, as in your selling point?
Well I love every part of my body because I believe and I know my beauty can sell a movie, but my selling point is my boobs.

What do you wish could be changed in Nollywood?
I wish the concept should be changed because 99% of Nollywood movies have the same concept. I think we should work on bringing out new concepts different from the usual Nollywood concept.

Can you act nude?
Act nude? Well I think I can act nude for one billion pounds, Of course anyone would go crazy for that amount.

What else do you do apart from acting?
I am into business. I import shoes and clothes, strictly ladies.

Any word of advice for up and coming actors?
Up and coming actors should believe in themselves and always bring out the best in anything they do. We all know nothing good comes easy, so they should never give up.

Source: Vanguard

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Comment Here. Don't Fail to be a Contributor and not just a Spectator. Your Contribution will go a long way

Mobile Ad

LET'S HEAR YOUR VIEW

Share on

share